Monday, November 6, 2017

Life in November [Through My Lens Nr. 119]

November is the start of the darker time of year. The days are shorter, life is much more concentrated on the inside and the promise of a cold winter is in the air. In that time I like to get as much light as possible. Wherever I can find it. Heat too. Especially if it comes from the stove. I like to potter about in the kitchen more and more these days. I made some great turkey meatballs in tomato sauce and a delicious version of creamed spinach (with fresh spinach obviously). If you like I can write up the recipes. The meatballs especially are tender, juicy and foolproof! On the other front, I have been cleaning the house, preparing it for the cold season. Some do spring cleaning, I like to add autumn cleaning to that as well.

Beni has been enjoying the days as well. He likes to get every bit of sunlight and then enjoy some of his treats in bed. I hope the darker season has been treating you kindly so far. Thank you all for the lovely comments and feedback on the Iceland travel series. It has been a blast so far writing about it and editing the images. I will link up the latest parts down below, and you can expect three new parts within this week.





Thank you all for joining me in another week of "Through My Lens". I am looking forward to your submissions this week!


Now I want to see what you have been up to. Link down below and share with the rest of us!

WHAT "THROUGH MY LENS" IS ABOUT

This meme is about sharing your favorite blog post with the rest of us. The themes are open, there is only one rule: the images have to be taken by you. I want to see your photography!

HOW THIS PHOTO MEME WORKS

1. Share your favorite post under the linkup button below and follow the instructions there
2. Only share the url of your post, not the url of your main page
3. In your post link back to this post of "Through my lens" and visit others!


Please spread the word and help me grow the link-up.
Use the image below for sharing

Or simply copy/paste this code in the HTML of your post

 

25 comments:

  1. Dear Mersad,
    finally this morning I have a blog post with some shots of mine which allows me to participate to your link-up party !

    Thanking you for sharing a so lovely post of yours,
    I'm sending hugs and ever much love to you

    XOXO Daniela at ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danuiela for linking up. Loved your post.

      Delete
  2. your dog is a cutie. Sometimes I wish I could have one, but I am allergic :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. well that forst shot is superb and you are certainly busy with more indoor activities and I see Beni is relaxing with his treats. I certainly would like the recipe for the creamed Spinach as I try and eat as muchof it as I can. I have a Nultibbulet and use 2 handfuls ofspinach in it along with 3-4 ffruits + 1 teasp flax and water to make a very healthy ddrink for breakfast. Thanks for hosting and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the post. Helloo cute Beni :))
    Have a nice week ahead.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...such a wonderful sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beni looks so sweet in the sunshine in that first photo. hi Beni, hugs and kisses from across the pond. I just love your home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like you attitude, silver lining/bright side, everything dark day has one. i also cook a lot more in the winter...and i really enjoy it. i have a "secret" meatball recipe that i have shared here that i LOVE, i think everyone has one!!

    i really like the clean, uncluttered look of your home, mine has too much stuff, especially my office.

    beni is clean and adorable, very well groomed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. November is so dreary. I like to putter in the kitchen too. The spinach looks great.
    I celaned out 5 garbage bags for charity last week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. With your sunshine and open window, it looks much warmer there than here. Beni looks like a happy dog. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love creamed spinach! Wow, is it November already? We have had two snow flurries now...last night's didn't stick. I love bundling up in front of a fire...just hate it when I have some place to be. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beni looks like he's annoyed that YOU get the meatballs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rest assured that he got some of them! :)

      Delete
  12. love your dog :)
    Hi :)
    i'm a new follower of your nice blog, can you follow mine?
    https://amoriemeraviglie.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful photos. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dark days of winter are quickly showing themselves to us in Greece. Love your thoughts on warmth and sunlight. Yes, would love the recipes you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you find some warm corners before the dark of winter sets in. We are hotting up for summer here! Have a fabulous week and thank you again for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cold and dreary time of year is our spring into summer. I apologise that you have to endure so we can get some sunny and warm days :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've been in dark mood recently, Mersad ;-) Food looks yummy.
    Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are heading from Spring to Summer at present, although it really just moved from a mild Winter straight to Summer. We have a an extremely hotter than usual Summer forecast which will be rather unpleasant as we don't have air conditioning or a pool!
    I have loved reading your Iceland series!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glimpses of everyday life are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beni is SO cute! He loves his treats--ha ha! My dog Bailey puts himself to bed in the evening. He's been a little confused due to the time change. Early bedtimes. Your living room is so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your photos are amazing, as are your stories. I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.