Monday, January 23, 2017

Skyscrapers of Manhattan [Through My Lens Nr. 78]


New York City, the most populous city in the United States, is home to 6154 completed high-rises, 113 of which are 600 feet (183 m) or taller. The tallest building in New York is One World Trade Center, which rises 1,776 feet (541 m). The 104-story skyscraper also stands as the tallest building in the United States, the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere, and the sixth-tallest building in the world. The Empire State Building stood as the tallest building in the world from its completion until 1972, when the 110-story North Tower of the original World Trade Center was completed. During my stay in Manhattan I couldn't stop staring at the high buildings so tightly concentrated in one place.

New York City skyscrapers are concentrated in Midtown and Lower Manhattan, although other neighborhoods of Manhattan and the boroughs of Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx also have a few high-rises. Overall, as of April 2016, there were 494 high-rise buildings under construction or proposed for construction in New York City.







Now I want to see what you have been up to. Link down below and share with the rest of us!


What "Through my lens" is about

This meme is about sharing your favorite blog post with the rest of us. The themes are open, there is only one rule: the images have to be taken by you.
I want to see your photography!

How this Photo meme Works

1. Share your favorite post under the linkup button below and follow the instructions there
2. Only share the url of your post, not the url of your main page
3. In your post link back to this post of "Through my lens" and visit others!

An InLinkz Link-up

Please spread the word and help me grow the link-up.

Use the image below for sharing

Or simply copy/paste this code in the HTML of your post

 

27 comments:

  1. Amazing views. Awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸⬆︎🇺🇸⬆︎ I lost my job few months back and there was no way to get income for my family, things was so tough and I couldn’t get anything for my children, not until a met a recommendation on a page writing how Mr Bernie Wilfred Doran helped a lady in getting a huge amount of profit every 6 working days on trading with his management on the cryptocurrency Market, to be honest I never believe it but I took the risk to take a loan, and I contacted him unbelievable and I was so happy I earned 15,500.00 within 7 days of investment , the most joy is that I can now take care of my family, i am just sharing my testimony. I don’t know how to appreciate your good work Mr. Bernie Doran God will continue to bless you for being a life saver I have no way to appreciate you than to tell people about your good services. For a perfect investment and good strategies contact Mr Bernie Doran via Gmail : Berniedoransignals@gmail.com or his WhatsApp: + 1(424)285-0682⬆︎🇺🇸⬆︎⬆︎⬆︎⬆︎

      Delete
    2. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸⬆︎ I lost my job few months back and there was no way to get income for my family, things was so tough and I couldn’t get anything for my children, not until a met a recommendation on a page writing how Mr Bernie Wilfred Doran helped a lady in getting a huge amount of profit every 6 working days on trading with his management on the cryptocurrency Market, to be honest I never believe it but I took the risk to take a loan, and I contacted him unbelievable and I was so happy I earned 15,500.00 within 7 days of investment , the most joy is that I can now take care of my family, i am just sharing my testimony. I don’t know how to appreciate your good work Mr. Bernie Doran God will continue to bless you for being a life saver I have no way to appreciate you than to tell people about your good services. For a perfect investment and good strategies contact Mr Bernie Doran via Gmail : Berniedoransignals@gmail.com or his WhatsApp: + 1(424)285-0682⬆︎🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸⬆︎

      Delete
  2. New York City is the largest city in the U.S., but I am not sure about their claim of the World Trade Center being the tallest building in North America. They say the building is 1,776 feet, but that is not true. They picked that number because of the American Revolution in 1,776. The top of the mast is actually 1,792 feet. Is it the tallest building? Perhaps not. The Willis Tower in Chicago is 108 floors while the World Trade Center is only 104 floors. The Willis Tower, formerly know as the Sear Tower, measures its hight to the top of the highest occupied floor at 1,450 feet, not to the peak of the mast on top of the building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that case it wouldn't be the highest building. Look I will have to travel to Chicago to see for myself.

      Delete
  3. Beeindruckende Wolkenkratzer...tolle Bilder!
    Ich wünsche dir eine guten Woche mit tollen Motiven
    Viele Grüße
    Gabi
    http://stich-schlinge.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, these are amazing photos...dizzying! what a beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shots straight up the buildings. They really do live up to their names in those 'skyscrapers'

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't taken my camera outside for a while, but I always take food photos :) Thanks for hosting, those skyscrapers are massive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally awesome photos of these beautiful giant buildings and I did not know at of this info about them. I can say they are gorgeous but I would not want to live there

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mersad, you make me want to hop on a bus to NYC to get some Central Park pictures myself. Of course, they won't be as beautiful as yours. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ganz coole Fotos von den Skyscaper Gebäuden.
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great images! I love NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photos, Mersad. But I feel a little dizzy now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Incredible photos Mersad. Such amazing images and so many windows!
    I've never been to New York, but it's on my list. My daughter loved it.
    Thanks for sharing and hosting. Have a great week :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photos are always spectacular, best among the best! I have not been there and certainly this is a good way to feel the presence.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are some super beautiful photos. Very stunning. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love New York through your eyes. My favourite is the perspective of the third photo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The one US city on my bucketlist.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your post is so inspiring! We just booked a trip to Manhattan in April. My husband said that's his first choice of where to travel in the U.S. this year. I can't wait! I love the angles you have looking up at the tall buildings. I'm going to try that too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Que buenas fotografias de NY. Esos edificios en los que se refleja el cielo son impresionantes.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely and unconventional approaches to the skyscrapers, Mersad.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful shots! Glad you had such clear skies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fantastic set of skyscraper shots!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love those first four shots looking up. I also really like the new layout of your blog. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.